Monday, March 22, 2010

Day 1 - Friday March 5, 2010

I woke up with a surreal feeling. I can't believe that today is finally here. After the months of planning and preparation, the actual day that we leave for India has arrived!
My mom, dad, Aaron, and me make our way to the airport for my first airplane ride ever! I've come to the conclusion that the airport needs a "how to navigate the airport for dummies" board with step by step instructions for people like me that just don't get it...

We all play cards while waiting for the flight to Chicago. Our plane is very small, only three seats wide. First plane ride = SUCCESS!

When we arrive in Chicago we all go eat, I get overpriced Mexican food, and a neck pillow for the next plane ride. It's time to board the longest flight in my life, literally. The only thing that made this plane ride not a complete waste was that I was able to watch a bunch of movies. I got yelled at by the flight attendants several times for opening my window.
WE LAND! It seems to take forever to get off the plane and through customs. Baggage is also another new hassle for me. We all find each other again and exchange money while we're waiting for Tina to arrive.We go outside and wait for our bus. My first observation is that it's very dusty, and there are a lot of random dogs. Our bus arrives. Traffic is crazy. Drivers honk constantly. Our ride to our hostel seems to take just as long as the plane ride here.

We arrive. Megan and I get our room assignment first. It's bigger and nicer than I was expecting it to be. We all meet in Ben in Robert's room where we get our maps, common phrases in Hindi, and some snacks.
Back to our room. Megan finds a present in the shower, a lizard. Nice. I can't sleep, because, I'M IN INDIA!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment