Sunday, March 28, 2010

Day 4 - Tuesday March 9, 2010

I actually slept. Finally I got to wake up to my alarm clock and not the pigeons.

We eat breakfast in the room again... today we meet at 9:15 to go to a few museums. We find out Ben's sick today and has to stay in the hostel. The first museum we go to is the National Museum.
The artifacts are interesting (I guess) but very repetitive. I can't look at a ball of stone and see art. We go through the 3 levels fairly quickly and have a lot o f time to kill. We go to the gift shop and look around. Time to go but we are missing Carlos.

We go to eat lunch at this really small restaurant. It was good but way too spicy for my taste. We got to try Indian Icecream...it comes on a stick. It was good but kind of chalky tasting.
Next museum. National gallery of modern art. We aren't allowed to take pictures here. I like this museum better but the circulation is really odd. There are a lot of paintings that I would love to buy. Hopefully they have a good shop...They don't. Out of a list of around 13, I didn't find one painting in the shop.

After the museum we decide to go back to the hotel for about an hour or so before we go for dinner.

We have Indo-Chinese food tonight. The place we go to smells aweful. Like a litter box mixed with a portajohn. No one can handle the smell. We can't wait for the food to come to mask the smell.

The food is pretty good. Different. We walk around the shops for a while then head back to the hostel.

No comments:

Post a Comment